GLOBUS 2018: Legacy of St. Patrick - Faith-Based Travel (TZ)
10 days from Dublin to Dublin
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dublin||Welcome to Dublin! The rest of the day is free to relax and prepare yourself for your upcoming spiritual journey on the Emerald Isle. At 6 pm, join your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at the hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Dublin||Today's orientation drive introduces you to the vibrant Irish capital. See statue-lined O'Connell Street with its landmark Spire of Dublin, bustling town squares surrounded by elegant Georgian architecture and colorful doorways, and Trinity College-Ireland's oldest university and home to the legendary Book of Kells. Visit ST. PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL, built in honor of Ireland's patron saint. Founded in 1191, St. Patrick's has served as the country's national cathedral since 1870. As you explore, take a quiet moment to reflect and marvel at the magnificent stained glass that told the stories of the Bible at a time when most people were unable to read and write. Why not join an optional dinner this evening at the Guinness Storehouse? (B)|
|Day 3||Belfast||On your way to Northern Ireland, cross the Boyne River, whose waters have recently revealed remains of an ancient log-boat and a Viking ship. Continue in the peaceful lee of the Mountains of Mourne, which inspired C.S. Lewis to write his Christian allegory The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. On to Downpatrick, the final resting place of St. Patrick. Stop at the SAINT PATRICK CENTRE for a fascinating interactive journey through Patrick's world and the introduction of Christianity in Ireland. Visit ST. PATRICK'S GRAVE and the medieval DOWN CATHEDRAL followed by a guided tour of the HIGH CROSS GALLERIES at Down County Museum. For the conclusion of your visit, drive to SAUL CHURCH, which was founded by St. Patrick in 432 AD, and where he died on March 17, 461. Later, travel to Belfast for a fascinating visit to the TITANIC EXPERIENCE and learn about the construction of the largest passenger steam ship, its maiden voyage, and the tragic night of April 14, 1912. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Belfast||After a leisurely start to the day, make your way north to the Antrim Coast to visit awe-inspiring GIANT'S CAUSEWAY. Hear the legend of Finn McCool, the Irish giant whose battle with a rival Scottish giant created the 40,000 interlocking basalt columns here-then, learn how they were really formed! This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the Creator's most impressive natural wonders. Back in Belfast this afternoon, there's time to discover the city on your own. (B)|
|Day 5||Claremorris||First on the agenda is a stop in Armagh, the island's Ecclesiastical capital. It is said that St. Patrick established his primary church here, and decreed that only those educated in Armagh could spread the gospel. Continue west through rolling hills and reed-fringed lakes to Knock, a major pilgrimage site since 1879 when 15 townspeople saw apparitions that included the Virgin Mary, Joseph, and Jesus as the Lamb of God. Attend [M] Mass, then visit KNOCK SHRINE, the CHURCH OF THE APPARITION, the BASILICA, and the FOLK MUSEUM. Overnight is at Claremorris. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Galway||This morning, visit the CROAGH PATRICK VISITOR CENTRE at the foot of the holiest mountain in Ireland, where St. Patrick fasted on the summit for 40 days in 441 AD. Next, visit KYLEMORE ABBEY, a graceful castle acquired by Benedictine nuns as a precious heirloom for Ireland. Arrive in Galway, a popular seaside destination and Ireland's 'cultural heart.' On the west bank of the Corrib River is the ancient Claddagh fishing village, which has produced the famous Claddagh Rings since 1700. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Galway||At Rossaveal, board a comfortable FERRY for the 45-minute crossing to Kilronan on Inishmore, the largest of the Aran Islands and where Gaelic is the primary language. Your fascinating day features a presentation by an island historian about life on Inishmore. After LUNCH at a local pub, board a minibus for a tour of the island that includes fascinating commentary by your driver/Local Guide and a visit of clifftop DUN AENGUS, one of the most dramatic prehistoric stone forts in Europe. Return to the mainland and attend [M] Mass in Galway before enjoying an evening at leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Limerick||A special treat this morning as you glimpse rural Irish life at RATHBAUN FARM. Watch the farmer shear a sheep and maneuver a flock with the help of a sheep dog, then enjoy your morning coffee or tea and scones, fresh out of the oven. Take the scenic route across the desolate limestone plateau known as The Burren, and stop for photos of Poulnabrone Dolmen, a portal tomb dating back to the Neolithic Period. Bask in the fresh coastal breezes as you gaze out over the breathtaking CLIFFS OF MOHER, rising 668 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. Tonight in Limerick, why not join an optional medieval castle banquet? (B)|
|Day 9||Dublin||Travel eastward to pretty Kilkenny and then to GLENDALOUGH, a glacial valley known for its medieval monastic settlement founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century. See an engaging audiovisual presentation, then your Local Guide will show you the remains of the settlement, including the Round Tower, St. Kevin's Kitchen, and more. Back in Dublin, consider joining your traveling companions for a final evening of fellowship and fun at an optional cabaret dinner featuring Irish music, song, and dance. (B)|
|Day 10||Dublin||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$470Triple room reduction per person:$26
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).
From $2,299.00 (USD)
The 'Emerald Isle' offers spectacular beauty and a rich cultural history.