Europe Costsaver 2018: Glimpse of Europe End London summer 2017
Brochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2018
Enjoy the mesmerising landscapes, rich heritage and flavours of Europe, travelling from London to Amsterdam, through the lush green Belgian and Dutch countryside to the beautiful Rhine Valley, shores of Lake Lucerne and Paris, the City of Lights.
- Amsterdam Orientation includes the historic city centre
- Black Forest See this picturesque region
- Dover See the White Cliffs
- Heidelberg Enjoy views of the castle from the Old Town
- Lucerne Orientation including of the the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Paris View the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower on your sightseeing tour
- Rhine Valley Cruise the romantic Rhine
- Schaffhausen View the mighty Rhine Falls
- 1 full breakfast
- 3 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Ferry from Dover to Calais.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- London airport transfers are available to purchase, conditions apply. See link below for airport transfer page
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel booked through Trafalgar or from the London Reception Centre
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London: After checking into your Trafalgar hotel, the rest of your day is at leisure. See the sights, visit a museum or go shopping - the list is endless and the choice is yours.|
Ibis Earls Court
|Day 2||Amsterdam||London - Amsterdam: This morning meet your Travel Director and fellow traveling companions to board your Trafalgar coach and set off from London. See the White Cliffs of Dover as you cross the channel to continental Europe. Travel through Belgium and into The Netherlands where you will pass by windmills en route to the lively city of Amsterdam. Perhaps take the opportunity to explore the city further on a canal cruise in a glass-covered boat to enjoy views of the historic gabled houses.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rhineland||Amsterdam - Rhine Cruise - Heidelberg - Rhineland: This morning travel through the Dutch countryside before crossing into Germany and arrive at the picturesque Rhine Valley. Here you embark on a cruise at Boppard which glides past medieval castles and steeply terraced vineyards which produce the well-known high-quality Rhine wines. You disembark at St. Goar and then have views of the Lorelei Rock and learn about the legends associated with this stretch of the river. Travel to Heidelberg, the oldest university city in Germany. Enjoy views of the sandstone castle from the charming Old Town. Finally continue to your hotel where you dine tonight.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||LUCERNE REGION||Rhineland - Black Forest - Rhine Falls - Lucerne Region (2 Nights): Continue south through the Black Forest region which is bordered by the Rhine Valley to the west and south. This beautiful area is renowned for wood carving, the creation of the original cuckoo clock, and speciality cuisine which includes delicacies such as smoked ham and Black Forest cake. Cross the border into Switzerland before stopping to admire the impressive Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen. Travel to central Switzerland and enter the scenic region of Lake Lucerne, your home for the next two nights.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation and Free Time: This morning your orientation tour around this medieval city highlights the poignant Lion Monument, built in memory of Louis XVI's courageous Swiss Guards who tried to defend the Palace of the Tuileries in Paris during the French Revolution, the wooden Chapel Bridge across the River Reuss and the onion-domed Jesuit Church. This afternoon consider an Optional Experience of fun and yodelling at a Swiss folklore show. Later perhaps enjoy an exhilarating excursion to the top of one of the surrounding mountains or explore the squares and towers of the quaint old city. Alternatively there is plenty of opportunity for shopping, whether it be Swiss watches, jewellery or the wide range of deliciously flavoured chocolate.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Paris||Lucerne Region - Paris (2 Nights): Today head north and cross the Rhine River for the final time in the city of Basel as you leave Switzerland and enter France. Then cross through part of the renowned wine producing Burgundy region with views of the extensive vineyards. Continue past the rolling farmland of the Auxerre region before arriving in Paris. Tonight perhaps take the opportunity to get to know the city on a stunning tour of Paris by Night Optional Experience?Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning your sightseeing tour introduces you to this exquisitely planned city with views of the Champs Élysées, Place de la Concorde, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower. This evening why not sample Paris nightlife at a cabaret show?Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||London||Paris - London: Traverse northern France past WWI battlefields. Cross the English Channel to Dover and continue your journey to London where you say goodbye to your fellow travellers and Travel Director at the end of a memorable holiday.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,475.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: Europe Costsaver 2018Enjoy the mesmerising landscapes, rich heritage and flavours of Europe, travelling from London to Amsterdam, through the lush green Belgian and Dutch countryside to the beautiful Rhine Valley, s...