Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Best of Devon and Cornwall Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
Discover smugglers' coves and quaint coastline villages as you trawl westwards towards the river valleys of romantic Devon and Cornwall, with its rich Celtic heritage. Visit the Georgian town of Bath, drive through the unique landscapes of Exmoor and rural Wiltshire, and see the ruined Tintagel Castle where, legend has it, King Arthur was born.
- Orientation of Bristol, Bath, Dunster, Lynmouth, Plymouth, Exeter and Salisbury
- View Windsor Castle, the 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland at Longleat, Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth and St. Michael's Mount
- Visit Royal Windsor, the Roman Baths in Bath, stately Longleat House in Warminster, picturesque Lacock village, the ancient seaport of Bideford, the gorgeous artists' colony of St. Ives, the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, and John Constables Salisbury
- 7 full breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London: Welcome to London, a vibrant mix of old and new that marches to its very own unforgettable multicultural tune. Spend your day exploring the city's iconic sights - its royal heritage, exquisite architecture and fascinating museums. Then take to the city's streets this evening, enjoying the buzz of Soho or perhaps attend a West End show.|
|Day 2||Bristol||London - Windsor - Bath - Bristol (2 Nights): This morning meet your Travel Director. Leave the bright lights of the British capital behind and journey through lush landscapes to the historic market town of Windsor, enjoying free time to ramble through its quaint streets and visit the elegant 11th century castle. Journeying east, we arrive in the stately Georgian town of Bath whose beautiful Pulteney Bridge and 15th century Gothic Abbey, provide a picturesque backdrop for the Roman Baths from which the city takes its name. See the steamy thermal pool of the 'Great Bath' before travelling to easy-going Bristol where we'll enjoy an orientation of the city including views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel's SS Great Britain, the world's first ocean-going luxury liner. Full Breakfast, Welcome Reception|
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
|Day 3||Bristol||Longleat Stately Home and Lacock Excursion: Leaving trendy Bristol behind, we embark on a scenic drive through the English countryside arriving at Longleat Stately Home near Warminster for a fascinating Cultural Insight into English heritage. Delve into centuries of British tradition during a included guided tour of one of the country's finest stately homes, currently home to the 7th Marquess of Bath. Wander through its grand rooms featuring priceless collections of art, antiques and tapestries collected by 15 generations and admire the exquisite surrounding 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland. Later, we stop in the picturesque village of Lacock - its honey-coloured stone cottages and 15th century inns have served as a picturesque backdrop for such famous films as 'Pride & Prejudice' and 'Harry Potter', among others.Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Bideford||Bristol - Dunster - Exmoor National Park - Lynmouth - Bideford: Take a step back in time to the medieval village of Dunster with its picturesque thatched cottages, 17th century yarn market and Working Watermill, built on the site of a mill mentioned in the Domesday Survey of c1086. Driving through the dramatic landscapes of Exmoor National Park, we stop in Lynmouth perched along the breathtakingly rugged Devon coast for some time at leisure and perhaps a ride on the famous funicular cliff lift to nearby Lynton. Our home for this evening is the historic port town of Bideford with its imposing 15th century bridge that spans the Torridge River.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Exeter||Bideford - Tintagel - Exeter (2 Nights): Tales of knights and medieval myths and legends take centre stage today as we enjoy views of the ruined Tintagel Castle, reputedly the birthplace of King Arthur. We join the Kempthorne family for a light Be My Guest Cornish lunch and tales of farming heritage at their homely Cornish farmstead which has been in their family since the early 18th century. As the day draws to its close, we sit in quiet contemplation with the sounds of Gregorian chants and choral music filling the historic St. Martin's Church as part of a Join Trafalgar initiative to support The Churches Conservation Trust. Spend the rest of the evening exploring the medieval centre of Exeter on your terms.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Exeter||Cornish Excursion including Plymouth, St. Ives and Dartmoor National Park: Meandering along the dramatic coastline of Cornwall today, past smugglers' coves and quaint coastal villages, we stop in the maritime city of Plymouth and view the Mayflower Steps from which brave pilgrims are said to have left English shores for an unknown new world. Discover lovely St. Ives, a popular retreat for artists, before enjoying views of St. Michael's Mount with its 17th century castle which sits dramatically atop the tidal island near the seaside town of Penzance. We travel through the brooding landscape of Dartmoor National Park, stopping at a traditional pub for a memorable Farewell Dinner with our travel companions.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||London||Exeter - Stonehenge - Salisbury - London: See the ancient monoliths at Stonehenge rise up imposingly on Salisbury Plain this morning and imagine a time when pagans and druids would gather in their mysterious midst. We'll visit the town of Salisbury, home to Britain's tallest spire, before returning to London. Full Breakfast|
|Day 8||Depart London||Depart London: Say a fond farewell to your travelling companions at the end of a wonderful holiday, as you prepare to return home with treasured memories.Full Breakfast|
- ? International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,675.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018Discover smugglers' coves and quaint coastline villages as you trawl westwards towards the river valleys of romantic Devon and Cornwall, with its rich Celtic heritage.